I am pleased to announce that development for Podio for WP is now underway. While development will be officially running under Aether CS, I’ll be publishing updates, news, and changelogs here for people to review while we get it to a strong enough status that it can be released to the official WordPress Plugin Directory.
This first version of the Podio for WP plugin has two simple features:
- Easy installation of the Podio PHP Client into your WordPress website
- Write Podio functionality in the podio-for-wp.php file (in the plugin’s directory) instead of your theme’s functions.php file, allowing you to update your theme easily without losing any Podio integration.
Future versions of this plugin will include features such as:
- Set your API keys into the app securely via a settings page in the WP Dashboard
- View a list of your existing Podio Workspaces, Apps, and Fields with related Developer Keys
- Automatically create new Podio Items in a specific App based on new posts published, contact form submission, GravityForm entries, WooCommerce purchases, and more
- Get access to our knowledge base of tutorials and support articles for both Podio and WP development
- Pull data back from a specific Podio App and display it on a page or post with a WP shortcode
This is just the beginning, but the AetherCS team is very excited about what this plugin will be able to do in upcoming releases.
Download Link: podio-wp
If you’d like assistance with setting up Podio, WordPress, or some custom integration between the two, please don’t hesitate to contact me and my team. More than happy to help.